1. Contact your legislator.
Step 1. Find your legislator
Step 2. Email your legislator
Subject line: You made a difference for workers with disabilities.
Dear (LEGISLATOR NAME HERE),
I’m contacting you today to say thank you. Act 69 will change the lives of workers with disabilities in Pennsylvania.
Until now, Medical Assistance for Workers with Disabilities (MAWD) came with strict income and asset limits that prohibited career advancement, the security of a financial safety net and even prevented couples from getting married due to additional spouse income and assets that are combined with a recipient’s income.
Thanks to your support, those limitations are a thing of the past.
I appreciate your work in support of Pennsylvania with disabilities and hope I can continue to count on you in the future.
(YOUR NAME HERE)
2. Follow #IWantToWork on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Join me and ‘like’ the #IWantToWork campaign to work, to hire and to support people with disabilities who want to find meaningful employment in Pennsylvania. Exposure to internships and employment opportunities means a better quality of life for people with disabilities in PA. Learn more at www.IWantToWorkPA.org.
Suggested social media post:
Join me in thanking Pennsylvania State Senator Bob Mensch, PA State Rep. Kate Klunk, United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania’s I Want to Work and countless others for their leadership and support of PA Act 69. Thanks to this legislation, working Pennsylvanians with disabilities will be able to earn and save up to their full potential. Learn more at IWantToWorkPA.org. #iWantToWork
Join me in thanking @SenatorMensch, @RepKateKlunk, @unitedwaySWPA’s @IWantToWorkPA, and countless others for their leadership and support of PA Act 69. Thanks to this legislation, working Pennsylvanians with disabilities will be able to earn and save up to their full potential. Learn more at IWantToWorkPA.org. #iWantToWork
3. Post a selfie now and show your support.
4 steps to taking and sharing your #IWantToWork selfie:
- Dress for success! Get your camera ready. You or someone else can take the photo. Hold your #IWantToWork sign in front of you inside the picture frame of your cell phone or camera.
- Smile and click the shutter to capture your photo.
- Post the photo, with a little information about your career aspirations, on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram sites.
- Encourage your friends, family or co-workers who support employment for people with disabilities to take and share their own #IWantToWork photos, too.
4. Tell us your story.