1. Sign and share United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania‘s petition to #LiftTheLimit.
2. Contact your legislator.
3. Follow #IWantToWork on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Join me and ‘like’ the #IWantToWork campaign to work, to hire and to support people with disabilities who want to find meaningful employment in Pennsylvania. Exposure to internships and employment opportunities means a better quality of life for people with disabilities in PA. Learn more at www.IWantToWorkPA.org.
Suggested social media post:
Join me in support of SB 890 and HB 2202, legislation that will allow people with disabilities to earn more without impacting their life-sustaining Medicaid and/or waiver benefits. Learn more at IWantToWorkPA.org. #IWantToWork #LiftTheLimit
Join me in support of SB 890 and HB 2202, legislation that will allow people with disabilities to earn more without impacting their life-sustaining Medicaid and/or waiver benefits. Learn more at IWantToWorkPA.org. @IWantToWorkPA #IWantToWork #LiftTheLimit
4. Post a selfie now and show your support.
4 steps to taking and sharing your #IWantToWork selfie:
- Dress for success! Get your camera ready. You or someone else can take the photo. Hold your #IWantToWork sign in front of you inside the picture frame of your cell phone or camera.
- Smile and click the shutter to capture your photo.
- Post the photo, with a little information about your career aspirations, on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram sites. Make sure to include #LiftTheLimit in your post.
- Encourage your friends, family or co-workers who support employment for people with disabilities to take and share their own #IWantToWork photos, too.
5. Tell us your story.